Sunday, July 29, 2007

House Hunting - Texas Style

The Texas housing market is a little different from California's. Our Realtor informed us that Texas is in it's 11th year of "buyers" market conditions. Grant & I had heard the term the "buyers" market, but didn't think it really existed. As we are only familiar with having to decide if you like a home based on one 30 minute visit, then joining a bidding war with 11 other buyers, and finally having to pay above asking price to buy our first home.

A couple of other pros for Texas:
  • We can actually afford a house in a school district we are willing to let our children attend
  • Our house will be less than 50 years old & bigger than 1400 square feet
After visiting 9 existing homes yesterday this one made our list.

We didn't love the view from the front:




But we LOVE the view from the back!




Next Saturday we visit builders. We're excited at the possibility of picking out every detail for a brand new home. We never thought we'd have the opportunity. We'll keep you posted!

6 comments:

Natalie Jo said...

good luck! sounds like you will have lots of fun (or something!)

Jeanette said...

what didn't you like about the front. It's gorgeous!!!

Laurel said...

I am on my way...I'm moving to TEXAS...I think that's the only way I'm getting a pool like that.

Natalie Jo said...

hey. that pool is like my parents in st george. that little area is great for the kids. savannah knows the boundaries of where she can't touch and before she could swim she didnt venture off the "shamu" shelf. if you go with a pool definetly conside that!

Dan & Stacy said...

Is there room for us!?

Anonymous said...

I think I saw this backyard on "Cribs"!