Saturday, July 7, 2007

A Boy and His Bike






















This bike is a bribe pay off. Any mother who has ever traveled alone with her children will sympathize with me. Flying home from Utah last month, things started off well. We made it through the security check with no major problems. Griffy only screamed for a minute when we had to take his Lighting McQueen car out of his hand to walk through the metal detector. Next, we stopped at the gift shop, Maddox picked out a toy airplane and Griffin selected a Clifford book. We even had time for a bathroom break (those airplane bathrooms are a little tight for 3 people). I'm now smiling, so proud of myself for making it this far, when Griffin decides he is tired of the Clifford book and wants his brother's plane. So, as I'm standing there with a diaper bag over one shoulder, a car seat over the other, and my hands tightly gripping the stroller carrying my screaming 2 year old, I knew I had to come up with something big. I knew that promises of another Power Ranger would not be enough to get Maddox to give up his toy plane. My mind quickly raced to a trip we had taken to Wal-Mart a couple of weeks ago. Maddox had spotted a super cool Spiderman bike. At the time, we talked about Santa bringing the bike if Maddox was a really good helper to mom and dad, blah, blah, blah. I leaned over to Maddox and offered up the Spiderman bike. Maddox quickly complied, and exchanged his $7 toy plane for a Spikerman bike - Maddox made out like a bandit!






































3 comments:

Rachie said...

That is SO funny! I love the promises we make. I think you did the right thing!

Laurel said...

How funny!!! Traveling with kids is so it and miss...you never know when a bribe will come in handy!

Natalie Jo said...

I can totally see you doing that! (I would do that!)I guess the bribes just get more expensive as they get older!!