Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me!

I turned 33 yesterday. Grant took the day off. First, we headed to the Dallas Aquarium. I have a fish phobia. Any time I visit an Aquarium, I am reminded of why I never get in the ocean and why snorkeling does not appeal to me. We all had a good time. I just kept a safe distance from all the exhibits. Next, we saw Surf's Up. Maddox has been dying to see Surf's Up ever since he got one of the characters as a Happy Meal prize. Mad laughed (really loud) non-stop. Luckily, it was just us and one other family in the theater. We ended the day with dinner at On the Border. I'm addicted to their cheese dip!




























6 comments:

deesha said...

Oh Leyla, happy birthday!!! So you are really 23 right? Good for you - and you look amazing! :) I'm glad you had a fun day with your boys and that Grant got to miss work.

Natalie Jo said...

So glad you had a great day!! Grant is a prince for taking the day off. I don't think Eric has ever taken the day off to spend it with me and the kids. And you are not 33, you don't look a day over 13! Well okay, maybe a day or two. I just realized I have known you for over 20 years. WoW! We are getting old!!

Rachie said...

Happy Birthday Leyla! Looks like a fun family day. BTW, you and Grant are not looking a day over 21! You are freaking HOT!

Shannon Bousfield said...

You are such a mom - it's your birthday, so you go to the aquarium (which FREAKS you out!) to make your kids happy! But that's why you're such a great person and friend and dang! we miss you in Long Beach!

Hope you had a great time on your b-day, and the rest to come. Allison still asks why Maddox had to go to Texas and when he's coming back. Wish it was soon!

Jeanette said...

Leyla!!!
Shannon sent me your link. So funny. And I love the boys' crocs. My boys have them too, but eli's are green and spence's are blue. We miss you so much but it looks like Texas agrees with you.

Laurel said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you guys had fun.