Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Happy New Year!

I had a great time at lunch with my girlfriends on New Year's Eve day. I have known these girls since middle school. We have lived through big bangs, pegged pants and we all survived our no make up, earthy granola girl phase together. I love to spend time with these these girls every time I'm in Utah!

Me, Amy, Julia, & Natalie

Later that day, we had dinner with the Freemans & the Wambolds at Buca di Beppo. We then partied like rock stars, well, like rock stars with 7 children. Jar & Deesha have the perfect house for entertaining. We loaded the kids with sugar and sent them up to the game room. Maybe we gave them a little too much sugar, considering they were all still awake at 2 a.m. We played the Wii until the wee hours of the morning. Even with our techtardation, Grant & I are considering buying a Wii. In just one night, we performed surgery (and only killed one person), created some fabulous meals in an intense cook off, and bowled. It was a great start to a new year!

7 comments:

Natalie Jo said...

Thanks for posting that picture! It didn't turn out too bad, especially considering how long it took!! It was so cold! had fun lunching with you and grant!!!

Natalie Jo said...

oh and I never pegged my pants! I tried but I never worked for me!!

The Probert Family said...

I'd give anything to see you as a granola. Think you could dig up some old photos??

Looks like a sweet New Years Party. And we're totally up for Cheesecake Factory. We already know what to order.

Dan & Stacy said...

I LOVE that picture of them on the side in their towels!!

Natalie Jo said...

i've got pictures! what will you give me to NOT post them???

deesha said...

Happy New Year! Great photo of you and the girls! And I think our kids had fun, despite Caleb's inability to share his Thomas train... What a fun night!

deesha said...

P.S. I love your playlist! Who says you are tech-tarded? That is impressive!