Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Finally!

After 6 months of searching, we finally found a house we love!  We're so excited to get a play room and I'm thrilled to have a pantry for the first time in our married lives!  Most houses in Texas are massive and covered in brick and stone.  When we saw our Craftsman style neighborhood we fell in love!  I'm a sucker for a transom window, and they are above every doorway on the first floor.  We signed the contract in November and ground breaking should begin next month.


Our Lot


  


Front Elevation



Floor Plan - we're adding the 5th bedroom and balcony



Our Neighborhood



10 comments:

Jeanette said...

Congratulations!!! how long will it take to build? And what is a transom window?

Natalie Jo said...

so exciting!! love it. love the craftsman look. i assume that 5th bedroom is for visitors. Should I make airline reservations now? Miss you. Need to talk. Will call later.

shari berry bo-berry said...

That is FREAKING HUGE! :) Good for you guys@! I am a little jealous...as you know living in CA just doesn't allow building a brand-new house -- well, at least we can't afford to!!! I am so happy for you guys and you will have so much fun decorating!!!

Dan & Stacy said...

Is that what that style is called, Craftsman style? I LOVE that style!! When its done we are going to come visit! I'm jealous!

deesha said...

I can't wait to see your house when it's finished!!!! That neighborhood is totally you guys!

Shannon Bousfield said...

Wow. Amazing! I am just a wee bit jealous, but I'll have to get over that! I'm sure you guys will love being in a brand spanking new place, but what will Grant clean?!

Titel Troop said...

Wow, I am totally sold. I am telling Josh we are packing up the kids and moving to Texas! We are so cramped in our tiny lakewood house!

Natalie Jo said...

i talked to eric about the quartz and granite. he said they are all the same and to just pick a color you like. i guess the adverstizing makes it seem better. if you have more questions, call me.

Rachie said...

These homes are SO my style. I love them! I am so jealous you will have a new home.

Laurel said...

Love the house...can't wait to be your neighbor!!!