Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Snow Day



It snowed! Which I guess is not typical for where we live.  It made me homesick!  The boys were so excited!  Griffy kept repeating "I want to go Bobo Tita's house" - that's the only place he's ever seen snow.  It made for a super easy morning for me.  I usually have to bring Maddox his warm pink milk and let him snooze for a while  before he'll emerge from under the covers.  When I mentioned the snow, Madd hopped right out of bed and tore past me to look out the window.  Maddox scarfed down his scrambled eggs, threw on his clothes and headed out the door.  The boys only had a few minutes to play before we had to take Madd to school.








This is what was left of the snow when Madd returned from school.

5 comments:

Pooley said...

The boys should have make a snow papa.

Dan & Stacy said...

Looks like fun! Are they still sick? You or Grant call me tonight. I'll be home by 5:30.

Natalie Jo said...

what a fun treat! did the whole town shut down?? pink milk makes me think of charlie and lola.

Melanie said...

I want to move to Texas! It is warm all the time and then you get one day of snow, that sounds perfect!

My name is Andrea said...

Hi Layla, I am a stalker, I went to college with Heidi in LA who is friends with your friend Natalie (?) I guess. I was just lookin' at your blog, and you are obviously near us, I can tell by the snow and the museums you go to. We moved to Texas in June from Utah...it's just fun to find someone in my boat and I wanted to say hi!