Tuesday, April 22, 2008

TOFW

I spent the weekend in Oklahoma City!  I know what you're thinking, but it really is a cool place.  I went to Time Out for Women with some girls from church and had the best time!  

Dinner with the girls.

Posing under "Flaming Lips Alley"  - I forgot to put the "night" setting on my camera.


We ditched the conference for a few hours on Saturday to visit the Oklahoma City Memorial.  We happened to be there on the 13th anniversary of the bombing.  It was emotional and amazing.  Photography wasn't allowed inside the museum, click here for more info on the memorial.  If you're ever in Oklahoma City, you must visit.


Field of Empty Chairs - the smaller chairs represent the children who died.

Survivor Tree

Reflecting Pool and 9:01 Gate of Time - the bombing occurred at 9:02 - the gate at the opposite side of the pool reads 9:03.



3 comments:

Natalie Jo said...

I totally got chills reading your post! What an experience! Sounds like you had a great time!

Jenny said...

SHOUT OUT!! I had so much fun on that trip and I love our pics! So fun, we need to do it again!
Love the blog-

Pooley said...

Leyla, remember that my Dad was an Oakie from Muskogie. So you always want to be nice to those Oakies.
I never been to Heaven, but I been to Oaklahoma (do you know that song?).