Monday, October 8, 2007

Tacky in Texas

I had a friend in So Cal who was a native Texan, and was very fond of saying "It's hard to be tacky in Texas". I always thought it was so funny. Unfortunately, now I know exactly what she meant. Flashback to a couple of weeks ago. We were on day 4 of Grant's 9 day shopping trip in Europe - let's just say I don't play single mom very well. I decided to take the boys to the zoo to help pass the time until daddy returned.

We were at the zoo about 20 minutes before Griffin looked like this:


The boys had such a great time playing in this little stream, but every time Griffy squatted down to get a closer look his shorts would get wet.










In the past, I would have made my way to the nearest gift shop to find something for Griffy to wear. Instead, I used my stroller as a clothes line and threw the shorts on top. Maybe I was too hot and sweaty to notice, but I don't recall any evil looks directed towards me and my half naked child with a saggy diaper. Tacky or not, we enjoyed the rest of the day at the zoo.






6 comments:

Laurel said...

I've got some tacky clothes I've been dying to wear. I will bring them with me when I come to visit.

Jeanette said...

good for you. your kids had a great time. and they still looked adorable.

Rachie said...

At least he had a clean diaper...because if it was all saggy, that would be tacky.

Natalie Jo said...

Ley! You could never be tacky! You can try all your want but you will never ever be tacky! (& I have traveled with you with a very small suitcase!)

Shannon Bousfield said...

Just wait to see what you allow once the third kid comes around! I'm proud of myself if we all make it out the door with matching shoes. Not that the shoes match our outfits, but they match the other foot. It's sad that I've let go of any fashion sense, but it's that or never leave the house...

Natalie Jo said...

where are you? I have called you back. i might start calling late at night just to make sure you are home!! Eric is out of town so I just may do it. You should know this is not an idle threat!!